Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Costume Jewelry

I love costume jewelry.

I appreciate a classic pearl earring and an understated bracelet, but there's something about the fabulous architecture of a statement necklace that makes me flutter a bit.

The dress below on the left is from J Crew, and it's a perfect example of what I like to wear with costume jewelry. The poppy orange is one of my absolute favorite colors, and I like the longer sleeves matched with the fresh, above-the-knee hem. That dress is $230 though, so I was pleased to find something similar at Forever 21 for $27.80.



Since it's October, though, I began thinking about costume jewelry a bit more literally. The necklaces I picked below from Forever 21 are all beautiful (in my opinion), but also have a distinct aesthetic. I think they're great inspiration for Halloween! The first and third necklaces would be amazing for a vintage catwoman outfit (see Julie Newmar), the second necklace gives me a Cate Blanchett Elizabeth vibe, and the last two would be great for a Cleopatra outfit. And that's just the beginning!



















I can't wait to work on my costume this year. I'm hoping to find a costume that could incorporate those stunning eyelashes from Shu Uemura.

Last year I was Princess Peach (note the spray painted blonde hair lol):



I actually choose Bowser when I play Mario Kart, though. :o And why do those photos look like they were scanned from the 90's? D:

0 comments:

Post a Comment